Latest News


by: Communications Department



A very tense encounter played between two equally matched teams, thus the game end goalless with good chances for our boys. We started with a high tempo as the boys put in good pressure to win some corners and also make good attempts within the first ten minutes.

Young Innocent Media couldn’t meet a sweet long ball from Wahab in the opening minutes of play. Another good chance came in the 10th minute as Allan Mugalu won a free kick in a good area.

Ibrahim Thembo striked but the URA defence stood the test and cpnceeded a corner kick. A powerful header from skipper Rashid Toha from the reuslting corner kick delivery just went wide of Alitho’s goal.

Allan Mugalu had us on the heels when he fired a good low shot but did not pose much threat as it went direct to the keepers gloves.

Atendele with his trade mark overlap played a neat square pass with Leku to sent the right back free, his looped cross went direct to goal but Alitho collected well.

On our side, goalkeeper Richard Anyama was called into serious action for the first time in the game on the 21st minute mark as he neatly saved a good powerful shot from URA’s Mbowa. The boys kept on pressing the tax collectors and played well on the front foot.

On the 34th minute mark, Rashid Kawawa broke with a darting run down the right wing and made a beautiful cross that Leku could not meet but forced URA’s Ndahiro to concede a much needed corner from the pressure.

Minute 40 Leku won another free kick around the box, the delivery from Wahab was cleared but the rebound found Thembo whose powerful shot was blocked by a scrambling number of URA defenders to keep the game deadlocked at half time.

In the second half, the leopards kept on piling the pressure as Leku beat his marker from the wing and sent a cross to Kawawa whose final shot was straight at the goalkeeper again.

The boys kept creating good chances in the URA half with crosses going begging and the final ball missing. In the 57th minute, young Innocent Media was replaced by another young talent Jacob Kamwesigwa in the attack.

Anyama was again called into action as a powerful high shot from URA’s Kagimu needed his gloves to parry it away for a corner.

On the 63rd minute as the boys piled more pressure, a corner kick from Wahab precisely met the head of Rashid Toha whose header hit the cross bar to deny us a goal in the game.

On the other side URA was on the attack and again custodian Richard Anyama was called into action as he brilliantly saved a Cromwell Rwothomio shot on the near post to deny the hosts a goal and send the ball for a corner kick.

Rashid Toha heads the ball

A 70th minute corner delivery from Wahab sees the ball headed in by Leku who runs to celebrate but the linesman’s flag was raised for offside and the goal was cancelled.

The leopards kept pressing for a goal in the last 20 minutes but it seemed both sides were destined to eearn a point from this game. Leku missed another chance as he headed a Musisi free kick wide of goal.

Innocent Maduka came in for Rashid Kawawa in the 85th minute as the game ended goalless.

Assitant coach Francis Mugerwa had this to say – ” The boys had a good game, we got chances but we failed to utilise them. Now we have to go back home and rectify them.”

We sit 5th on the Startimes Uganda Premier League table with 38 points and level with fourth placed BUL FC.
Next up, Gadaffi FC at Barifa Stadium on the 6th of April.